We warmly welcome new members to enjoy the wonderful designed landscapes in Devon, to help us promote and conserve them. The one thing our members have in common is a passion for gardens, their history and plants. Our programme of talks, visits, seminars and conferences seeks to explore the diversity of the county's designed landscapes, the history of their development, about the families who owned them, people who designed, shaped and managed them, the gardeners that maintained and tended the plants, the nurseries that supplied those plants, and how the landscapes have been used and enjoyed over the centuries. By becoming a member you will be joining like-minded individuals with a very broad spectrum of interests in gardens and horticulture, all keen to learn and share.
Membership benefits include
- Priority access to DGT events - many of the Trust's exclusive visits are to private gardens usually guided by the owner or head gardener
- Members' Newsletter - usually published three times a year containing items of news, articles, book reviews and advance notice of events.
- A regular ENews for short items of news and updates
- DGT Journal - normally published every two years. It comprises carefully researched articles by DGT members and others which are often the only scholarly researched information on the topics.
- Information and access to events organised by the Gardens Trust and other county garden trusts.
- Opportunity to volunteer with research, recording, events and other activities.
You can join by post by downloading the Membership Application Form and sending to the Membership Secretary or join online using the form below.
Payment can be by standing order, online BACS or by cheque.
Annual Subscription Rates
Individual - £25
Student/Young person (under 25 years) - £20
Joint (two adults at the same address) - £35
Individual Life - £200
Joint Life - £300
School/non-commercial affiliate - £35
Please contact [email protected] for further details