The Trust offers several types of grants
- Horticultural education project grants
- Bursaries for study to individuals normally resident in Devon either intending to take up a career or already working in the historic designed landscape
- Study/continuing professional development grants to those, like gardeners, working in or studying historic designed landscapes towards the costs of attendance at a short course, seminar, conference or workshop on historic designed landscapes
- Organisation of a conference/seminar/course/workshop grants for continuing professional development or life-long learning that furthers the study and understanding of historic designed landscapes
- Interpretation Project Grants to promote public understanding and engagement with the history and significance of the county’s garden and designed landscape heritage.
The Trust seeks to promote the importance of education and careers in historic designed landscapes and can support colleges, primary, secondary and special schools with advice and mentoring on horticulture. Also, we seek to increase understanding of designed landscape heritage through life-long learning and continuing professional development. The Trust’s Events programme includes lectures, visits and study days, designed to explore the county's considerable legacy of historic gardens and open spaces.