Country house in a small landscaped park.
A large, irregular stuccoed house, the core built in 1779 but enlarged in the C19. It was built for Richard Rosdew and later owned by John Colborne, the first Lord Seaton the first Governor-General of Canada. The late C18 landscaped park survives.
Beechwood House, stables and courtyard walls 80m.N listed Grade II.
Cherry & Pevsner: The Buildings of England – Devon, 1989: 756
T Gray: The Garden History of Devon, 1995: 40