- Public Park
Bury Meadow was opened to the public in 1846. The park has municipal limestone gatepiers matching those to ExeterCollege, opposite. Bury Meadow Cottage was a former toll house. The park is overlooked by the pleasant paired villas of Velwell Road which were built by John and Charles Ware in the 1860’s.
Cherry & Pevsner: The Buildings of England – Devon, 1989: 539