A pleasant, unassuming house of Georgian appearance, its older core concealed by successive modernizations by the Fursdons, who have been there since at least 1259. The house is C17 in origins, thoroughly remodelled in 1732 by Richard Strong of Minehead for George Fursdon, altered again in 1792. The house is two storeys with a parapet, rendered south front with a centre of five bays and projecting two-bay wings. Across the centre is a one-storey Greek Doric collonnade with fluted columns, added in 1818; this was another stage of important alterations between 1813 and 1818 by James Green, the County Surveyor.
House listed Grade II*, Lodge listed Grade II
Cherry & Pevsner: The Buildings of England – Devon, 1989: 453-4