- Walled Kitchen Garden
Early C17, seat of the Frauncis (until 1664) and Prideaux (until C19) families; rear service wing, rebuilt in C19, remodelled in 1930 by Sir Albert Richardson for the Heathcote-Amorys. The house was owned by several families ( Francis until 1664, followed by Prideaux, Gwynn, Griffith, and then Heathcote-Amory).
Chevithorne Barton is listed Grade II*
Cherry & Pevsner: The Buildings of England – Devon, 1989: 670
S Pugsley: Devon Gardens – An Historical Survey, 1994: 151-2
Cherry & Pevsner: The Buildings of England – Devon, 1989: 258
T Gray: The Garden History of Devon,1995: 71