Throughout the year the Trust organises regular talks and visits to gardens around the county. Members tell us that this is one of the most enjoyable aspects of being a member of the Devon Gardens Trust.
We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers with the practical skills that make these events successful. We have a small Events' Team that support each other to deliver a wide variety of talks and visits.
The tasks you could help with include:
- setting up a venue, eg putting out chairs, tables etc
- erecting temporary signs near the venue so that participants can easily find the venue which in some case could be in a rural setting
- assisting with refreshments
- helping a speaker set up their talk
- welcoming those attending the events
- being the point of contact during the event
- directing participants to the car park and directing them to the meeting point.
In addition, we are also looking for people to help us plan these events. You would join a small group who contact possible speakers, venues and gardens to discuss future talks and visits.
This is a great way of meeting fellow members and learning more about designed landscapes in Devon and further afield.
Please email: [email protected] for further details.