Throughout the year the Trust organises regular talks and visits to gardens around the county. Members tell us that this is one of the most enjoyable aspects of being a member of the Devon Gardens Trust.
We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to help with the practical tasks that make these events successful.
The tasks you may be asked to help with include:
- setting up a venue, eg putting out chairs, tables etc
- erecting temporary signs near the venue so that participants can easily find the venue which in some case could be in a rural setting
- assisting with refreshments
- helping a speaker set up their talk
- welcoming those attending the events
- being the point of contact during the event
- directing participants to the car park and directing them to the meeting point.
This is a great way of meeting fellow members and learning more about designed landscapes in Devon and further afield.
Please email: [email protected] for further details.