- Private Gardens
- Communal gardens
The gardens are bounded to the north east by The Beacon and slope steeply down to Bath Road to the south west; the gardens extend for a short distance eastwards below Louisa Terrace ( c1824) but then become the individual gardens to the houses in Louisa Terrace opposite. There is a level area of the gardens in front of The Beacon, an attractive sea-view terrace. The earliest houses date from 1792. The Beacon is a mixture of red brick and stucco terrace houses with late Georgian pedimented door cases and porches with sturdy Ionic columns. There are some original lamp standards of c1800 with square tapered shafts with Greek-key pattern.
Cherry & Pevsner: The Buildings of England – Devon, 1989: 445