A Regency house built by George Byfield for Josiah White c1831 on the site of a cob-walled farmhouse. The neat stuccoed front of 1-3-1 bays, twostoried, the centre with pediment over a blind attic rising above the cornice. The full-width Ionic loggia was renewed and the outer bays filled in1962. The east wing was added in matching style in 1906. The existing tile-capped kitchen garden wall date from the time of the previous house. The existing garden is largely the work of Sir Henry Studholme between 1930 and 1960. His son, Sir Paul, installed the swimming pool and the hard tennis court in the 1960’s. The pair of stone obelisks on the drive came from another family property, Wembury House, near Plymouth.
Perridge House is listed Grade II.
Cherry & Pevsner: The Buildings of England – Devon, 1989: 485-6 T Gray: The Garden History of Devon,1995: 177-8